Basics of Computer Hardware
Understanding Basic Working Principles of Computer and use of Computer Hardware
2. SMPS or Power Supply Unit
3. Motherboard with following components embedded on it.
- CPU or Central Processing Unit
- Math Co-Processor
- RAM/ ROM Bios
- CGA/ VGA Adaptor Card/ Integrated Display Unit
- USB/ Serial/ Parellel/ RS-232/ LAN/ Game ports
- Bus or Expansion Slots
4. FDD or Foppy Disc Drive (Almost Obsolete)
The Cabinet is the super cage or structure where all the Computer Hardware modules of the computer is installed. Inside the Cabinet one can identify 5-6 main units which are visible when the box is opened. These units mainly include the Motherboard, The Power Supply Unit, CPU, RAM, HDD and DVD Drive.