Google Chrome OS from a USB drive
Ever Thought of Running Google Chrome OS from a USB drive?
Google Chrome OS is to Chromium OS.
Boot Google Chrome OS from a USB drive:
- Down load the latest version of the Chrome OS from here. Latest Chrome OS.
- Extract the Image file (IMG file) by using 7-Zip, WinZip or WinRar and save it on a convenient place e.g. Desktop for further use.
- Now We are going to copy this Image file on our USB Pen drive and going to make it bootable.
- To do so, we need fo have Win32 Disk Imager Application. If you don’t have it download and install it from here. Win32 Disk Imager.
- Now launch the Win32 Disk Imager as shown in the above picture, Give path name for the Image file which you copied on your Desktop, Select the device name for your USB drive letter, and Click on Write button to Copy the Image file unto your USB drive and make it bootable.
- Once you are done, You can use your Pen drive for launching the Google Chrome OS from any PC just by inserting the Pen drive into the USB and restarting the system.
- Please ensure that in the BIOS settings of the PCs where you are launching the Chrome OS from the USB, the First Boot Device as the USB.
Hope you enjoy very New Chromium OS Vanilla 🙂